Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Projects for Savanna


So, I have a list a mile long of projects that I want to get done before our little Savanna makes her appearance. One of those, was to re-cover my nasty old Boppy pillow. The poor thing was in bad shape when I bought it. I got it second-hand at Kid to Kid a few years ago, and as you can see, it has been through it! Well, that was alright for the boys, but girls can't have ugly things with holes in them, right? So, here is the before....
Don't you love all the holes with the batting coming out? Super classy, huh?
And here is the after...
Now wait a minute my friends, do you see something super cool about this? I sure do. In fact, I'm beaming with pride looking at the picture of it right now. It's a zipper. That's right, I sewed a zipper!!! I have avoided ever doing this on any project for years now, but I found this awesome blog, with instructions on how to do it, and in about 30 minutes (literally, from start to finish!) the whole thing was done. LOVE IT!


6 comments:

Brooke said...

It is so cute! I love the fabric. Way to go on the zipper. I also will not sew one of those things!

Star @ A Load Of Craft said...

You rock girl! Glad you liked my tutorial and realized how easy zippers actually are :D Good for you for going for it! Thanks for the link!!

Melissa O said...

I love it and love the blog name. How cute.

Anonymous said...

Super cute and I love the name. I've always loved that name.

Amy said...

Love the new blog title!! And way to go on your sewing skills!!

Gina said...

GREAT work! Love how it turned out! Glad you found that site to help with the zipper!